- White Privilege: Unpacking The Invisible Knapsack
This is Peggy McIntosh’s original article, which inspired the other lists. There’s a number of interesting discussions of this list on the women’s studies listserv archive.
- Able-Bodied Privilege
- Average Sized Person Privilege
- Being Poor Is…
This one isn’t actually in the “privilege checklist” format, but I think it fits in.
- The Black Male Privileges Checklist
- Christian Privilege
- The Costs of American Privilege
Okay, this one isn’t even a list. But as Lake Desire says, let’s shoehorn it in here so that American privilege will at least get a mention.
- Daily Effects of Straight Priviliege
- Heterosexual Privilege. (And see also. And see also, also.)
- The Invisibility of Class Privilege (pdf link)
- The Male Privilege Checklist
My own contribution to the trend; probably the most-read piece I’ve ever written (or, in this case, compiled).
- Non-Poor Privilege Checklist
- Non-Trans Privilege Checklist
- Privilege to Game
Lake Desire’s list of how privilege, gaming and boycotts intersect
- Social Class Privilege – Beyond Ethnicity, Gender, and Religion (.pdf link) EDITED TO ADD: This is actually two lists — one of upper class privilege, one of lower class privilege. As Laura pointed out in comments, the lower class privilege list is pretty damn asinine, as well as an example of the balance fallacy. I’m leaving this in out of a sense of completeness, but I don’t endorse it. And if you click over, bring many grains of salt with you.
- Monogamous Privilege Checklist
- We Can’t Be Equal While…
Not really a “privilege” list, but similar enough in spirit that I wanted to include it. One thing I like about this list is that it includes ways that sexism harms both sexes.
I’m hoping that the comments to this post can be used to interactively keep this post up-to-date. So if you know of a link that you think is relevant to this post, or if you notice that one of these links has died, please leave a comment.
UPDATE: Maia has a critique.