Just clearing out my open tabs… but please feel free to use this thread to post whatever you’d like. (Self-link love is a healthy activity that everyone engages in, and I encourage you to do it without guilt.)
My open tabs:
1) Orson Scott Card calls for overthrowing government if same-sex couples can marry in California. Curtsy Box Turtle Bulletin. See also Feminist SF Blog‘s post on this, which is by far the best and most thorough post on this subject I’ve read.
3) Should the obese have to pay more for airline tickets? Newsweek says no.
5) Rebecca Allen, a nerd at peace, explains why pop culture analysis matters. There’s also some discussion of Joss Whedon’s upcoming series “Dollhouse” in the comments.
6) Uh-Obama: Racism, White Voters and the Myth of Color-Blindness. I love Tim Wise’s writing. (Curtsy: Racialicious).
7) How do we deal with a great and important work of art, that’s also disgustingly racist? Roger Ebert discusses “The Birth Of A Nation”.
11) Five year old American Indian refused admission to kindergarten because he has long hair. But, basically, it’s because where conservatives dominate local schools, local schools are mean-spirited xenophobic and racist. (See also.)
12) The limits of superhero movies are limitations inherent in movie executives, not in the superhero genre.
13) Kitten vs. Fan. The cuteness! It burns! It burns!
(Thanks to Bean for several of these links.)