Link you will!
Self-link at will!
Use short declarative sentences I will!
- Have I recommended Linda Bacon’s Health at Every Size website? If not, then I really should have. It includes passages from her book Health At Every Size. Go! Read! Don’t diet!
- I’m late linking to this, but of the dozens of “Why are (some) black people homophobic” essays I’ve read, I think this is the most interesting and thoughtful. There’s some good stuff in the comments, too.
- Remember that drawing I did for Wonder Woman day? Well, it raised over $26,000 for feminist charities. (Not my drawing in particular, alas, but the event as a whole.)
- Paul Campos points out that measured by mortality, it’s healthier to be “overweight” — or even mildly “obese” — than to be “normal” weight. Via Fat Fu.
- Check out this photo of a tortoise named “Jonathan,” taken around 1900. Jonathan is still alive today and is believed to be the world’s oldest living animal.
- Really touching Ani song, “Present/Infant,” about physical insecurity and motherhood. Kate has the lyrics, and you can watch a video of Ani singing the song here.
- From Australia, this is what a real apology for racism looks like. I find it unimaginable that a US President would apologize to native Americans like that — but one ought to.
- Young women sometimes have sex lives! They must be punished!
- Very informative post on the Taliban. I really, really hope that Obama reconsiders his commitment to more troops in Afghanistan, which seems foolhardy at best.
- I really can’t describe how much I hate the settler movement in Israel.
- In Canada, 50 years of card check union elections and not a single complaint about union intimidation of employees.
- Anti-Immigrant sentiment is killing the Republican Party. I know you’re all weeping for them.
- David at The Debate Link and I had another round of our usual “what is anti-semitism” debate, this time over Hillel versus a Canadian PIRG.
- I find it commendable, but also off-putting, that Jim Davis and Paws, Inc. have thoroughly embraced “Garfield without Garfield.” They’ve even put out a book collection.
- A Kiss is a Kiss. Except when it’s two dudes kissing.
- Dear Oprah. Kate Harding on what she should have said during her two-sentence chat with Oprah.
- The Invisible Fat Man. Excellent guest post at The Rotund by Stefanie from Men In Full.