Why Ithaca edition? Because I’m in Ithaca visiting family.
This is an open thread; post what you like, for as long as you like, with whomever you like. Self-linking makes the sun shine, flowers grow, children laugh, etc.
- Above: An image left on Israel’s barrier wall by the graffiti artist Banksy. Awesome. Via Shalom Rav, who has a couple more examples.
- An article about Ezra Nawi, a gay pacifist Jewish Israeli of Iraqi decent activist for Palestinian rights, who may shortly be in jail over disputed charges of assaulting an Israeli police officer. (Via.) And check out supportezra.net.
- Vancouver feminists open “no trans women allowed” pharmacy. Aaaargh.
- Ultra-Orthodox Jews in Israel riot to protest child being taken away from alleged abusive mother.
- Internalized racism and “third culture kids” (autobiographical essay).
- I’m not hanging noodles on your ear (and other intriguing idioms from around the world)
- Book recommendation: Exercises designed for fat women (with a stay healthy, not a lose weight, perspective).
- When it comes to gay marriage, why is Meghan McCain so much more eloquent than Bill Clinton or Barack Obama?
- Lying about the hate crime bill: “A danger to religious freedom.” (And see as well Box Turtle Bulletin’s earlier installment in this series, “There are 30 sexual orientations.“
- How Global Warming Will Destabilize Pakistan and India
- Ron Wyden’s Free Choice Act — an essential part of health care reform. Let’s hope it actually makes it through.
- Lawyer asks judge to order opposing lawyer to wear nicer shoes. No, really.
- A 72-year longitudinal study of 268 Harvard men. I wish they had done a more diverse group, but still: This is very cool stuff.
- It’s way too early to call the stimulus a failure.