This is an open thread. Go wild! Self-linking is like a double-entendre about masturbation: always appreciated.
* * *
I love the interwebs. Time from not even knowing an art form exists, to seeing that there are dozens of examples of it on Youtube: 30 seconds.
- Immigration Raids Routinely Ignore Fourth Amendment.
- The American Family, Kate & Allie, and Co-Parenting.
- Research data on racial profiling ignored by mainstream media.
- Olbermann’s and O’Reilly’s corporate owners shut them both up, because GE didn’t like being criticized on TV. Thank goodness for a free press! (And shame on Olbermann and O’Reilly for going along with it.)
- Apparently, only 25% or so of white Southerners think that Obama was born in the USA.
- The Fat Woman Stereotype. (Via this post on “The Challenge of Writing Fat-Friendly Fiction.“)
- Are Fat Rights today where Gay Rights were 30 years ago?
- The Birthers are right! Finally, a compelling argument proving that Obama is not a natural-born American.
- “The National Organization for Marriage is right. Gay marriage IS a religious freedom issue. They’ve just identified the wrong party as victim.”
- What if modern-day Republicans had been around when firefighting was made into a government function, instead of left to the free market?
- How Medical Innovation Really Happens. Hint: It’s not all the free market.
- “In 28 of 33 Gitmo detainee cases heard so far, federal judges have found insufficient evidence to support keeping them in prison.” Also, poll shows that Americans favor torture more than the people of almost all other nations. Plus, we tortured a young teenage boy. In short, we suck and we’re evil.
- The argument for a free market in selling human kidneys.
- The argument against a free market in kidneys.
- The Future Of Book Banning?
- Links about polyamory.
- Power Your Car With Pee
- The best of The Question (a superhero character). “The plastic tips at the end of shoelaces are called aglets, and their true purpose is sinister.”
- This magazine design is so much cooler than I’ll ever be:
Oh, and here’s some dancey fun for the Buffy/Angel fanatics among (amongst?) us, via Buffyfest: