* * *
Post whatever you like! Feel free to publicize your own blog, too, or someone else’s. Just dance and be free, hippies!
* * *
And here are some links for you, my lovlies:
- Is it now a crime to be poor? Barbara Ehrenreich runs down some of the many ways cities are criminalizing poverty.
- Gay men are being systematically tortured and murdered in Iraq
- An in-depth interview with the word “racism.”
- Why it’s never okay to say “so-and-so looks like a tranny.”
- Burqa Tourism at its Finest: How to Become an Expert on Muslim Women in Just One Week
- Painting dolls brown is not enough.
- NASA unlikely to put people on the moon by 2020.
- It turns out white people do see race… when mistaking people of color for service employees.
- Trans women in male prisons: Cruel and unusual punishment
- It’s always been the case that cops push around people for no good reason.
- The DOJ has filed another motion in a Defense of Marriage Act case — but this time, they’re trying a lot harder not to offend the LGBT community.
- Some good news: The HIV Travel Ban seems likely to be ended soon. Long overdue, imo.
- Delaware’s new statute makes it possible for children to have three legally recognized parents.
- Stargate:Universe’s casting call for an actress to play a disabled character is full of fail. “Do you have any idea how much most disabled people hate the oh-so-familiar story where a disabled character (always in a wheelchair) gets to *drum roll* WALK AGAIN?”
- Why the word “lame” hurts
- Kevin Moore draws The Continuum of Misplaced Skepticism. Nice one!
- Hillary Clinton has a moment of perfectly reasonable umbrage, and is roasted for it. Gosh, I hate our media.
- The important thing about the “death panels” nonsense is that it’s going to mean that more people won’t live any longer, but will die more painful, uncomfortable deaths.
- Health care reform goal posts have moved a lot over the years. The health care reform we’ll be disappointed to get this year, would have been amazing four years ago.
- A Tale of Masks and Mobile Consciousness
- US planning to shoot Afghan drug dealers without trial.
- And one more street painting, this time by Greek artist B. Check out B.’s gallery here (not safe for work, possibly.) (Via.)