Post what you like, when you like, about what you like, with whatever links (including self-links) you like, for whatever purpose you like, wearing whatever underwear you like, eating whatever food you like, and liking what you like because you like it. Like, wow.
* * *
The first two minutes of this piece are stunning. After that, it turns into a well-done cover of Toto’s “Africa,” which is one of these songs I like for the sound but the lyrics are annoying because they scream exoticization of Africa. And the earworm factor is not to be believed.
- Wal-Mart Bans Gay Couple For Not Shoplifting
- The Stupak Amendment might, in effect, make sure that insurance that covers abortion is unavailable to most women – regardless of if they use the public option, or the government exchange, at all. I really hope this shit never becomes law.
- List of Democrats who voted for Stupak Amendment. They’re not all in very conservative districts, either. Let’s hope for some primary challenges.
- Whose Health Care Victory Is It? Not Women’s. More on Stupak, from Ann Friedman.
- GLAAD should lighten up about South Park using the word “fag.”
- You know, every single chronic pain patient I’ve known in my life has had horrible experiences like this. Is it that way in other countries, or is it just another example of how much the US sucks? It seems to me that we could be doing so much better, be so much more humane.
- “It’s time to admit that no amount of American lives can resolve the political disagreement that lies at the heart of someone else’s civil war.” Click through to see who said it.
- This expectation that “good people” won’t be bigots is rather amazing.
- It turns out DVR is good for television networks, after all.
- Very impressive face paintings.
- Diary of an Anxious Black Women discusses Rhianna, “Precious,” Toni Morrison, the quest for authenticity, and the representation of black women’s pain in media. Really good post.
- Do Smart, Hard-Working People Really Deserve To Make More Money?
- Cat and Girl: The Trap. Sometimes I love Cat and Girl.
- Sex after mastectomy; Why aren’t doctors preparing women? Note: Reading this article will leaved you pissed off more than you might expect. (Via.)
- On the White Anti-Racist Spokesperson
- The Obama Administration is secretly pushing an incredibly awful international copyright treaty.
- Study: The Government is Discriminating Against Asian Business Owners.
- What if we spent just one year spending as much on internal infrastructure as we do on the Defense Department?
- Spending $47,000 on dinner for five. Two points. One, that’s the right table to have been serving, as far as the tip goes. Two, couldn’t a restaurant that charges this month spring for a receipt-printer that was designed this century?
- Why US health care is so expensive: Like the restaurant in the above link, It all comes down to prices. We simply pay more, for everything.
- Pantshead asks Shoshana Johnson if she’s ever been to Iraq. No, really. Also, the country isn’t 93% white and 63-82% male, so why are MSNBC’s guests? (Via.)