It’s been a long time since I’ve given readings and so it’s nice to have so much activity to let you know about. If you are in the area, I hope you’ll consider stopping by. Click on the dates for event details:
- December 11, 7:00 – 9:30 PM: I will be reading, along with Iraj Anvar and Elizabeth T. Gray, as part of Persian Arts Festival’s marking of Shab-e Yaldah, the Persian winter solstice celebration.
- December 12, 2:00-5:00 PM: I will be part of a very interesting art show called “Collaboration is The Theme,” in which poets collaborated with artists from the Upstream Gallery. I along with seven other poets wrote poems in response to the work of these artists, and some of us will be performing our work at the show’s opening on December 12th. I have had the privilege of working with the artist Allen Hart, whose work you should check out.
- December 19, 5:30-7:30 PM: I will be reading some new poems, together with poems from The Silence Of Men in the Phoenix Reading Series, which takes place at Bengal Curry, a wonderful Indian restaurant, not far from City Hall in Manhattan.
- December 22, 7 PM: I will be interviewed by Vangile Makwakwa of Speak2bFree on the organization’s Blog Talk Radio show.
- January 4, 6:30-8:30 PM: Come be part of Jackson Heights Poetry Festival’s First Tuesdays Reading and Open Mic. It is a warm and welcoming crowd. Lots of people who read during the open mic read for the first time ever, which is a special thing to witness and be a part of.
- January 23, 3:00-6:00 PM: I will be hosting Jackson Heights Poetry Festival’s Literary Salon with featured guest poet January Gil O’Neil. The salon’s theme will be “Poetry and The Body.”