Post what you want, when you want, about what you want, and self-link if you want. Indulge yourself until you make yourself sick or I’ll have you thrown off the island!
If you can watch this video of adults seeing snow for the first time in their lives without cracking a grin, then you need to relax more, or perhaps you’ve just this moment been told that your dog has died.
- Waking Up Now’s ongoing series of posts responding to Robert George’s anti-SSM “What Is Marriage?” is the best thing I’ve read all year. I hope he keeps the series going.
- Hundreds Worldwide Order Pizza for Wisconsin Capitol Protesters
- The Comic Book of the Month Podcast spends an entire hour discussing Hereville! And yeah, dude, it’s fine to call me “Barry.” :-p
- Wisconsin state workers are not overpaid, and the state budget crisis is caused by the economic collapse, not by greedy workers.
- Full Blood, Verifiable Native American: A Weird Experience at Trivia Night
- 401(k) plans are a crashing failure for everyone but the rich.
- America’s Food Sweatshops and the Workers of Color Who Feed Us
- “I feel obliged to speak up for a scorned and ignored group in American politics, those of us — and, yes, I’m certainly one of them — who don’t believe, as a matter of policy, that the budget of the United States of America should be balanced at all times. Or over time. Or in the long run.”
- Hello, I Am Fat: A really terrific pro-fat post responding to Dan Savage.
- QUOTE: “I have done that,” says my memory. “I cannot have done that” — says my pride, and remains adamant. At last — memory yields. -Nietzsche (via)
- THE CONSERVATIVE DILEMMA: “Obviously it’s impossible to meet all four of those commitments. It would be difficult enough to combine #4 with even two of the first three. Much of the struggle within the conservative world can be understood as a quiet debate over which of those commitments to jettison.”
- Weight Science: Evaluating the Evidence for a Paradigm Shift
- The Philosophers’ Magazine | Is Dumbledore gay? Or, does the author have authority after the final book has been published?
- Factchecking NOM’s tweets
- The world’s first anti-android marriage activist speaks out at a Maryland debate
- A dad watches the Dead Island game trailer.
- “It’s pretty galling how little those charged with [educational] reform care about the input of actual educators.”
- Dialogue with an Anti-Fat Troll (A play in one act)
- A (Shockingly) Short History Of ‘Hello’
- House Republican Spending Cuts Target Programs For Children And Pregnant Women
- While some states are rejecting Arizona-style immigration laws, Arizona considers a law checking the immigration status of patients at hospitals. Such a law would without a doubt give dreadfully sick undocumented immigrants an incentive to avoid getting treated, and inevitably there would be some unnecessary deaths.
- A Tea Party Without Any Sandwiches for YOU. Or Cutting The Bloated Government
- Radley Balko sums up this study of police dogs: “Here’s another study showing problems with the use of police dogs. My favorite bit is how the tests designed to fool the handlers were twice as likely to produce false alerts as the tests designed to fool the dogs.”
- “I feel like there is often an eagerness in FA to accept the false equivalency that a fat person saying something like “Skinny people are evil” is the same thing as the stigmatization that fat people experience.”
- Hisaye Yamamoto, and Japanese Internment During WWII
- Just how much does the right loathe and demonize public sector workers? I think this cover says it all: