This is an open thread. Please post or discuss whatever you’d like, including self-linking.
MSNBC’s photoblog has an excellent feature on Pearl Harbor, including this photo of a group of women of color fighting fires after the attacks:
(Click through to see a big version of the photo).
There’s been a lot of interest in this photo, and I hope some or all of the women in it are identified and their stories told.
I’m in a hurry to get to the studio and draw, but here’s a few other links:
- Politics Over Science: HHS Keeps Emergency Contraception From Store Shelves | RH Reality Check
- Social conservatives everywhere sure do love their slippery slopes: Saudis fear there will be ¿no more virgins¿ and people will turn gay if female drive ban is lifted | Mail Online
- Extremely well-written essay by a gay marine: On Marines, equality, and my date to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball
- Why Do We Make Movies For A Sex-Segregated World? | ThinkProgress
- The Myth of Profligate Euro Zone Countries | Beat the Press
- Longshot GOP Presidential Candidate Gary Johnson Comes Out For Marriage Equality | ThinkProgress
- What is a representative sex worker? — Feministe
- OWS Success: Even Obama Is Talking About Income Inequality
- The Debate Link: Mis-Match Mish-Mash, Part II