I haven’t posted any pictures of Maddox and Sydney in a while, but I couldn’t resist posting this picture from the Oregonian’s website.
I had a wonderful Thanksgiving – we had 20 at dinner (Maddox and Sydney included), lots of turkey, ham, at least 15 pies, mushrooms, potatoes, brussel sprouts, and conversation. Plus, we have a new (well, used, but new to us) stove, which worked SO much better than our old stove did. (Imagine, being able to cook with all four burners!) I hope that everyone here had a great day yesterday, whether you celebrate Thanksgiving or not.
This is an open thread – post what you like, when you like it, wearing clothing just as loud as your loved ones can take. License for self-link love is legally given.
Only ten links, because hey, it’s a holiday weekend, aynnit?
- Governor Christie: It’s Bad Enough I Said The Word “Twinkie” Behind This Podium
- Republicans ‘Test’ For Voting Fraud, Wind Up In Custody
- Good article by Jennifer Jenkins on what ridiculously overextended copyright does to intellectual and creative commons
- How the 2012 election polling really was skewed for Mitt Romney
- The Twinkie Defense, or What Does “Uncompetitive” Mean?
- Why rich guys want to raise the retirement age
- Grandfather Of The Year Nominee. And damn, he looks good.
- Airport Security Is Killing Us – Businessweek The more people are driven (p.i.) to cars instead of planes, the higher the death rate.
- Dear Mr. Obama, the “Grand Bargain” is neither Grand…nor a Bargain – New Economic Perspectives
- Grantham To Climate Scientists: ‘Be Persuasive. Be Brave. Be Arrested (If Necessary)’
By the way, that’s Sydney on the left and Maddox on the right. I think. The two of them have been mistaken for twins, so it can be hard to tell. Sydney is now nine, and Maddox is seven. Probably there are folks reading this post who were reading this blog when they were born. Weird.