I’ve divided this link farm into two categories: “Trump” and “Not Trump.” The idea is, those of us who need a break from reading about Trump and the election can scroll down to the “Not Trump” section.
UPDATE: In response to Kai’s suggestion, I’ve moved the non-Trump links to their own post. This post has Trump and election related links.
- What A Difference 2 Percentage Points Makes | FiveThirtyEight
- J.D. Vance, the False Prophet of Blue America | New Republic
- The GOP’s Attack on Voting Rights Was the Most Under-Covered Story of 2016 | The Nation
- Why did some white Obama voters for Trump?
- In record numbers, Latinos voted overwhelmingly against Trump. We did the research. – The Washington Post
I’m not saying this is settled fact. But I do think it’s important to remember that exit polls, like every poll, can be in error.
- Political commentators, remember to turn your clocks back – The Washington Post
- Why social media is terrible for multiethnic democracies – Vox
Can we possibly trust each other when we all spend so much time in an online bubble that demonizes those who disagree?
- Blaming political correctness for Trump is like blaming the civil rights movement for Jim Crow | Lindy West | Opinion | The Guardian
- The Debate Link: The Media Does Not Get To Blame Hillary Clinton for their Own Choices of Coverage
- Don’t let Donald Trump’s antics distract you from what’s really important – Vox“He’s paying fraud fines and collecting bribes — and distracting you with Hamilton tweets.”
- Why the Electoral College is the absolute worst, explained – Vox
- The hard question isn’t why Clinton lost — it’s why Trump won – Vox
- Protecting Reproductive Autonomy in the Age of Trump: A Call to Fellow White Feminists
- Trump Backs Away From Idea Of New Clinton Email Investigation, Prosecution
- Trump just announced he’d abandon the TPP on day one. This is what happens next. – The Washington Post
Basically, there will still be a big international trade agreement – but it’ll be led by China and exclude the US.
- Trump Formally Picks Two Net Neutrality Opponents To Head FCC Transition | Techdirt
- Trump’s infrastructure plan is not a simple public-private partnership plan, and won’t lead to much new investment | Economic Policy Institute
- The Debate Link: Who Benefits from a National Popular Vote?
Good post about (or against) the Electoral College.
- White Nationalists on Trump’s Attorney General pick: ‘It’s like Christmas’
- Advice on contacting your representatives from a former Congressional staffer / Boing Boing