- How to Test Every American for COVID-19, Every Day – The Atlantic
- U.S. Immigration Law’s Unconstitutional Double Standards – The Atlantic
- Three Words. 70 Cases. The Tragic History of ‘I Can’t Breathe.’ – The New York Times
- Three Cheers for Socialism! | Commonweal Magazine
“Chiefly, what [Americans] have been trained not to know or even suspect is that, in many ways, they enjoy far fewer freedoms, and suffer under a more intrusive centralized state, than do the citizens of countries with more vigorous social-democratic institutions.”
- Why Black Voters Prefer Establishment Candidates Over Liberal Alternatives | FiveThirtyEight
Established relationships, and being risk adverse. The effect seems somewhat smaller if the liberal alternative is a credible Black candidate.
- A Better Remedy for Cancel Culture – Persuasion
That “better remedy” being ending (or at least limiting) at-will employment. Some very interesting comments, as well.
- Lackawanna woman died as she lived: hating Tom Brady | Buffalo Bills News | NFL | buffalonews.com
- The Black Officer Who Detained George Floyd Had Pledged to Fix the Police – The New York Times And an alternate link.
- The gruesome, untold story of Eva Peron’s lobotomy – BBC Future
Interesting, but less than certain.
- New Work by Gary Larson | TheFarSide.com
- Words for cutting: Why we need to stop abusing “the tone argument”
Written five years ago and still terribly relevant today.
- Teens in Argentina are leading the charge to eliminate gender in language – The Washington Post and an alternate link.
- The Unstrung Power of Elaine Stritch in “Original Cast Album: Company” | The New Yorker
- Why Are Hospitals Censoring Doctors and Nurses? – The Atlantic
- Why It Was Easier to Be Skinny in the 1980s – The Atlantic
- Yavne: A Jewish Case for Equality in Israel-Palestine
- Abigail Nussbaum — How to do Garak/Bashir in Canon DS9
Most Recent Open ThreadThe most recent open thread can always be found at the top of this page. When older posts have closed comments, please respond to them on the most recent open thread.
- Older »
Alas, a Blogroll
- Election Law Blog
- Thing of Things
Poly ITT: Results
2 hours ago
Is Josh Allen Actually Good Now?
2 hours ago
Get Gud, Scrub
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
- Lawyers Guns and Money
- This Is So Gay
Too Beautiful for This World
13 hours ago
- We Hunted the Mammoth
TransGriot NFL Picks- Week 3
18 hours ago
- Scott Wood Makes Lists
- Crooked Timber
Story ate the world. I’m biting back.
2 days ago
- Love, Joy, Feminism
- Asking The Wrong Questions
2 days ago
- Language: A Feminist Guide
3 days ago
- Family Inequality
- Dollars and Sense
Alas, A Subscription Service
Amp on TwitterMy Tweets